Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hainanese Chicken Rice - Hail Chicken Rice!

According to BBC Travel, this dish is worth the 15 hour flight from Europe!  The BBC article is a wonderful read.  I didn't know much about the history of Hainanese Chicken Rice even though I eat it fairly often.  Well done and thanks to BBC for profiling this awesome dish from Singapore.

On this blog post, I share some videos I made of the chicken rice that I have enjoyed.  First up, is the Wee Nam Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice.  This is their outlet at United Square.


Chicken Rice is widely available everywhere. In food courts, coffee shops. Here are more examples. This one is at Funan Digilife Mall (which I think is going to be renovated)

Here is another example, from another local food court. A Chicken Rice set meal. Always delicious!

Yet another chicken rice store, in the suburban areas. This one is near Jurong East MRT station.

A store selling chicken rice in Toa Payoh.

And yet another plate of chicken rice in a local coffee shop. Wonderful!

Thanks for watching!

1 comment :

  1. Chicken is always my favorite. Those chicken dishes look sooo yummy! I've just had my dinner but looking at your post makes me mouth watering.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete