Saturday, January 10, 2015

Costa Victoria Cruise to Phuket and Langkawi, out of Singapore

My parents went for a cruise on the Costa Victoria out of Singapore. It was a 4N cruise, with ports of call in Phuket, Thailand and Pulau Langkawi, Malaysia.

 My Dad passed me some of his photos and videos, so I am using them to do some reviews and videos. I have no first hand experience on this ship, so I would have to rely on my Dad's views. By way of background, my parents are avid cruisers too. They have sailed more times than us and they are Diamond on Royal. They also sailed with us on our recent Norwegian Jade cruise out of Rome to Greece and Turkey.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not sure what was happening here. Maybe the spa was doing a public show? Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Deck 6 - I think this was where most of the action was. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The food wasn't good at all. My Dad complained about it. He also heard any other passengers making similar comments. This photo of a rice dish sums it up. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here are some videos to share.

Costa Victoria Snippets of Cruise Ship

Costa Victoria Venetian Night Dancing!

The ports that the ship visited were interesting. Only 2 ports on this 4N cruise. The first was Phuket, Thailand. Phuket is actually an island, with her own international airport. Famous for her beaches, seafood and nightlife. I think it is a favourite place to visit for many Caucasians. You will see in the video that most people on the beaches were not locals. Phuket was also hit by the 2004 Tsunami.

Phuket was a tender port. The ship employed local tenders, pretty big boats. The boats brought the passengers right up to Patong Beach, which I think is the most famous of Phuket beaches. The tender ride was about 20 minutes .



This video shows the para-sailing at Patong Beach. I don't think it is very safe.

The second port was Pulau Langkawi, Malaysia. They call this the Jewel of Kedah. Langkawi is also a touristy, resort-type island. This place was certainly not as busy as Phuket. The port of call was rather short, 7:30am to 12:30pm. The scenery was pretty nice though, because it is actually an archipelago of 104 islands in the Andaman sea.



Thanks for watching!

1 comment :

  1. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative..
    top travel blog

    ReplyDelete